Halloween pumpkin cake giveaway – October 2015: Terms & Conditions
Who can enter?
- This promotion is open to residents of England aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
How to enter?
To enter, log into Twitter or Facebook, visit https://twitter.com/thepinkwhisk or https://www.facebook.com/ThePinkWhisk. Tweet/comment your answer to the question of who deserves to win the Halloween Pumpkin cake, made by Ruth Clemens of The Pink Whisk. Question tweets and Facebook posts will be posted by @thepinkwhisk between 12:00 BST on 29 October 2015 and 23:59 BST on 3 November 2015.
- For the entry to be valid via Twitter, entrants must tweet their answer to @thepinkwhisk using the hashtag #TreatNotTrick and include a linked Twitter name of another user (@handle).
- For the entry to be valid via Facebook, entrants must comment on the competition posts with their answer, tagging their nominated friend.
- The opening date for entries is 12:00 BST on 29 October 2015 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 23:59 BST on 3 November 2015.
Conditions on entry
- The promotion is limited to one entry per Twitter/Facebook account. Any entrant found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible. No entrant may win more than one prize. Prizes are limited to one per household. No purchase necessary in Great Britain or Northern Ireland.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
- If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademarks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The prize is one Halloween Pumpkin cake, baked by Ruth Clemens of The Pink Whisk, and a tea party set from Orla Kiely (including two mugs, five cake tins, one cake stand and one pair of oven gloves). The tea party set will be sent to the winner of the competition and the Halloween Pumpkin cake will be sent to the winner’s nominee from their winning tweet.
There is 1 prize to be won.
- The prize is non transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
Selection of winners
- The winner of the competition will be chosen by Ruth Clemens of The Pink Whisk from all valid entries received by the closing date. All other entries will be unsuccessful. In the event of any dispute, the decision of Ruth Clemens is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will be notified by a Twitter direct message or a Facebook comment reply from @thepinkwhisk within 3 days of the closing date. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the direct message confirming their full name and address for delivery of the prizes within 2 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules. The prize shall be delivered free of charge by an agent of the Promoter to any address nominated by a selected winner.
Additional terms applying to the promotion
- The winner’s details (name and county) may be made available on request to those writing to Stork Halloween Pumpkin cake Giveaway, Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR B76 1ZH within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE (Self Addressed Envelope).
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Facebook. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter or Facebook. Entrants release Twitter and Facebook for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the promotion.
- By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
- These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Ruth Clemens, on behalf of Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR. (Please do not send entries to this address).