Triple Chocolate Cookies

cookies 367

Up to my eyes in it! – Managing a gaggle of boys is tricky at the best of times and right now  Dylan has broken his foot.  It turns out there’s interesting times to be had when one boy is attached to a pair of crutches.  And then, just to add insult to injury, he’s now covered in a super itchy annoying rash which is keeping him home from school.

In itch distraction techniques I’m finding these triple chocolate cookies are on a par with Piriton!  So, time to share…cookies of course, not the itchy rash or busted foot!

Triple Chocolate Cookies

125g butter, softened

115g soft light brown sugar

2 eggs, large

60g cocoa powder

165g self-raising flour

100g dark chocolate, melted

100g white chocolate chunks

Makes 24 regular cookies or 12 large.

Preheat the oven to 170c (fan)/190c/GM5 and line 2 trays with non-stick baking paper.

Butter and sugars go together in the bowl and beat them up to an even paste.

cookies 001

Well done Mum that butter is spot on 125g.  Thank you Dylan….  You’re good at this measuring aren’t you? Hmmmm……..

cookies 003

In go the eggs and beat it up well again.

cookies 033

Can I crack an egg.   No.

In goes the cocoa powder and self-raising flour.

cookies 027

I’ll tip it in Mum, see I can balance on one leg…..

cookies 007

How fast shall I turn it on?

Just ½ please Dylan.

Can’t I do it to 4?

Yes, if you want to be covered in flour and cocoa powder…

Melt the chocolate.

cookies 034

*Panicked look at the thought of manoeuvring to the microwave*  Yes Dylan I’ll do it….

cookies 036

Beat it in to the cookie dough and then add the chunks of white chocolate and mix again.

cookies 037

Mum these crutches are great the way they stay hooked around your arms….  Yes  Dylan they are.

cookies 038

The mixture is too sticky to roll with hands so you’ll need to dollop spoonfuls (approx. 1” in diameter for regular, 2″ for large), well spaced on the trays.  I used a small and medium cookie scoops for ease to make regular and large cookies.  The cookies flatten and spread out on baking so you don’t need to press them down.

cookies 039

Can I have the bowl?

Into the oven – 10-12 minutes for the regular cookies, 16-18 minutes for the large.  Timings depend on how you like cookies,  boys here are partial to them rather underdone Millie’s Cookies stylee!

cookies 040

Someone’s  run hobbled off with the bowl.

cookies 013

See how he conveniently hides is face when I have a camera?!

IMG_5172

Gotcha! (on a less spotty day)

Leave them to cool for at least 10 minutes on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

cookies 367

That’s as long as they’re not pinched straight of the tray

;)

IMG_5284

Not a bad job Dylan!

cookies 341

Triple Chocolate Cookies – our feel better treats!

Meet me down the aisles of The Pink Whisk Shop – for all sorts of cake decorating and baking delights!

This entry was posted in Biscuit, Biscuits, Children, Chocolate, Kids, Treats. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Triple Chocolate Cookies

1. I love these cookies, the more chocolate the better!

2. Elle says:

They look lovely! Hope Dylan feels better soon.

Looks like a great recipe – can’t wait to try it!
    Loved the extra bits – conversation between mum and son – made me smile :-)

4. Simone says:

Hi there
    Lovely cookies. Feeling bit dim tho… cookie scoops? What are they?
    Simone :)

• Hi Simone, they’re spring action icecream scoops and you can get them in all sorts of sizes – here is a link to Amazon for the ones I use http://tiny.cc/olz4tw You can use them for cupcake mixture, cookie dough all sorts – useful when you want to portion something evenly x

5. Amanda says:

Yummmmy!! Love all your cakes and cookies and well; everything really! Can I ask a cheeky question….? Where did you get your cookie scoops from? Thank you.

6. Durre says:

THANKYOU RUTH. Definitely have to try this! Our house is home to 2 chocolate fanatic girls so they will be well received!!
    Btw, i love how you baked them with your son and added his little comments!
    If you don’t mind me asking, how did he break his foot?

7. Claire says:

Have made these this afternoon. Highly recommended. Very easy and taste fabby.

8. Leah says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have always been rubbish at making cookies as they always turn into a giant mess in the oven BUT these cookies are AMAZING!!!

9. Julianne says:

I made an egg-free version of these cookies tonight and they were rich and very delicious!

10. Kathy says:

Hi Ruth, I just made these today, very nice indeed. However it made a massive batch of cookies, I was wondering if they would freeze ok?

11. ann says:

can these cookies be frozen after they have been baked?

12. Leonie cooper says:

Hi Ruth, I live in a small town in South Africa. My family loves these cookies, there are a batch in the oven right now, YUM!

13. Thank you for posting this recipe, I’m going to link to it on my blog, my boyfriend and I tried it out last night and the cookies came out perfectly :)
    x

14. Frances Taylor says:

Tried this recipe as part of my 11 year old son`s summer cooking course and it is the best cookie recipe I’ve ever used. also best instructions, inexperienced cooks would appreciate pictures. cookies turned out beautifully and were eaten before they hit the plate :)