My Exciting News (and television debut)!!

The life and times of this manic mummy has just got seriously exciting.

My little secret is that I am one of the ten amateur bakers taking part in the new BBC2 series ‘The Great British Bake Off’ hosted by Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc with the fabulous judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood.

The series starts next Tuesday 17th August 8pm on BBC2 and runs for six weeks.  But as from here my lips are sealed – you’ll have to watch to find out how I do!

You can see the advert here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p009bz8g (I’m the girlie in the turqouise cardigan with a flower in my hair!)

Ruth Clemens Baker

This entry was posted in Ruth's Chat. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to My Exciting News (and television debut)!!

1. pennycones says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I saw the advert for it just last night. I will watch it now for sure :)

x

2. Choclette says:

Congratulations and Good Luck – sounds very scary to me.

3. Mrs Shilts says:

Fantastic! I'm hogging the tv tonight so will definately be watching..Good Luck :)

4. purplefairy. says:

I thought you were fab! I'm supporting you as a fellow Poyntonian!

5. Jimgentracer says:

I just watched the final

Absolutely fantastic show and well done you!!

6. The Patchwork Heart says:

A wonderful programme! Tuesday nights will not be the same now its finished
    Heather x

Congratulations! Ruth, you are the winner for me! Liked you and your baking from the beginning!
    I found out about your web a few minutes ago on the TV at the Great British Bake Off!
    Well done!
    xx

We all thought that you should have won! A great show and now I have found your blog I will come here for recipes! Well done!

9. RosiePosie says:

You were my number one choice from the first show and I'm gutted you didn't win but so so pleased to see how much the show helped you realise how great you are at what you do. Having just had my first of what I'm certain will be a houseful of boys you are my inspiration to keep baking.

Can we please please please have the boy bait recipie sometime? x

Well done Ruth, you did great in the final and I definately was routing for you to win from day one…You are an inspiration to all girly women that love to bake ! You have definately inspired me. I am so looking forward to baking your lemon drizzle cake. Your blog is brill too! Camilla x

11. michather says:

Congratulations, gutted you didn't win both me and my partner think you should of. you are a fantastic baker, im looking forward to trying out some of your recipes, the first is gonna have to be the boy bait recipe.
    take care and all the best for the future.

Michelle.x

12. minnie says:

Soooooo shocked you and Miranda weren't in the final, with you to win. Madness, but hey ho!

Fab site and I look forward to looking round more of it and trying your recipes.