How to pipe swirls on cupcakes…my guest post

I’ve done a guest post for the lovely Thrifty Mrs over on her blog A Thrifty Mrs – so if you want a tutorial on piping beautiful buttercream swirls on cupcakes head over to her fabulous blog here AThrifty Mrs

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in Cake, Cupcakes, Guest Post. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to How to pipe swirls on cupcakes…my guest post

1. Jackie says:

Ooh they look good – mine never look like that, so I'm off to take notes! Thank you for the tutorial x

2. Pene says:

Congratulations Ruth getting through to the grand finale.. good luck next week
    Pene x

4. Rosiemac says:

Thanks for such a clear tutorial, especially the bit with the glass. I bought disposable icing bags last week (just wish I'd got some of those lovely colours too…)
    Loving the GBBO – fingers crossed for next week. I'm going to be on holiday so I hope I can access iplayer.

5. A Thrifty Mrs says:

So glad to have you as this week's guest blogger.

6. LittleGem says:

Hi Ruth,
    Found your blog via Thrifty Mrs and have spent a very enjoyable afternoon browsing all your fab recipes.
    Looking forward to seeing the GBBO final tonight! x

7. Kitchen Butterfly says:

Hi Ruth, I just watched the final of the great British bake-off. Well done – I WAS so proud of you, of what you accomplished and how you consistently were good on time. Well done. I loved your cupcakes with the green bow and the swirly frosting. I said to myself – I have to learn that so thanks for the Tutorial. Lots of love to you and your men. Well done again, Oz

8. summerfete says:

Oh I remember that post, obviously I scan read it, not realised it was your tutorial.
    Well done on getting to the final, it looked hugely stressful!
    Clare

ps. I bet icing sugar has been in high demand this month!

So sorry you did'nt win Ruth,really liked your blackberry,ginger and mint cupcake's soooo cute have to try baking some!!! off to try the swirly frosting. Love your wesite.

10. Adrienne says:

Congratulations on making the final. You were fantastic throughout the whole of the series. I really enjoyed it and all your creations. I will definitely be trying your lemon curd cake in the near future! It looked devine and well if it's good enough for royalty then it's good enough for me!!! πŸ™‚

11. alison says:

well done on reaching the final i thought that you had been consistant enough to win it look forward to trying your recipes

12. Harriet says:

Well done for getting through to the final i thought you were going to win πŸ™ But the competetion looked tough! Looking fowards to all your recipes up here πŸ™‚ xx

taped the whole series and watched it between yesterday and today it was exellent. it was very exiting getting to the final, i dont know how your nerves stood up to it. best wishes in all you do now. chris x

14. furfee says:

Hi Ruth, I finally got around to watching GBBO final yesterday – which is how I found your blog – I'd wanted you to win since the first episode, but congratulations on getting to the final. I've recently got a icing set for my birthday so your tutorial would be brilliant, if I could see it! I don't have permission to see the blog – can you post the tutorial on your site separately? Jenny

15. Cath Neathey says:

GOT ANY NICE CHEESECAKE RECIPES PLEASE

16. Lorraine says:

i love that colour icing lol..

17. Lorraine says:

lovely colour icing x

18. Aly Foyle says:

Hi Ruth, I watched the last series and was totally inspired by you and your fellow bakers. My husband has persuaded me to enter this years competition, though I'm not really sure I'm that good. I'm an at home mum who just loves baking and trying anything out….whilst panicking over the thought of the show, I think of you and how calm and collected you seemed. Thanks for the inspiration x

Good Luck Aly! xx