Pineapple and Raspberry Cupcakes

Pineapple and Raspberry Cupcakes

Zingy fruity cupcakes packing a taste of sunshine and perfect for adorning with your own Pineapple Flowers.

Makes 12.

200g butter, softened

100g soft brown sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

4 eggs

200g self raising flour

140g fresh chopped pineapple

80g raspberries, frozen

1 x batch of Cream Cheese frosting recipe here

12 x Pineapple Flowers to decorate – instructions here

Preheat oven to 160c (fan)/180c/Gas Mark 4.

Cream together the butter and sugars.

Add the eggs and half of the flour and beat well.

Fold in the remaining flour.  Don’t overbeat it at this stage otherwise the cakes will be tough – you want to keep them as light as a feather.

Chop the pineapple into small pieces and gently crush the frozen raspberries.

Fold the fruit through the mixture.

Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until golden.

Because they are packed with fruit the cupcakes can feel fairly moist.  It’s important to check that they are fully cooked by testing with a skewer which should come out clean.  If not bake for a further five minutes and check again.

Allow to cool for five minutes in the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Mix up the cream cheese frosting as per the directions here.  Fill a piping bag fitted with a large closed star nozzle.

Pipe a ruffle of frosting onto the tops of the cupcakes and top with a beautiful pineapple flower.

Pineapple and Raspberry Cupcakes

Pineapple and Raspberry Cupcakes

This entry was posted in Cake, Cupcakes, Raspberry, Treats. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Pineapple and Raspberry Cupcakes

1. Jasmine says:

Oh my gosh, these look amazing! Look forward to trying these on the weekend :)

2. Emma says:

Will have to have a go at these they look great, and I love raspberries and pineapple,x

3. Kristina says:

Oh I love the idea of raspberries with pineapple! I’ve had a picture of these flowers on my pinterest board for ages but never actually gave them a go – now I will! Along with all the things I want to try from your gorgeous book!

4. Ok these are tropical heaven, I have never had these fruits together but am willing to try. I love your flowers

5. Heather says:

Hi Ruth

If I didn’t have time to do the flower what would you suggest as an alternate nice touch for the top?

• I would chop up some more pineapple and crush some frozen rapsberries so they shatter into little pieces and then scatter over the top just before serving – I love the colours of the two together and think they’d look lovely! x

6. Ita says:

Yum!! Just made these and ate two while waiting the voice! Seriously yummy!! Thanks for the recipe. :D

7. Katie says:

Just made these, they are fantastic! I have made quite a few of your recipes and they are always soo good but I think these may be my favourite so felt compelled to comment!

8. Mona says:

Hi Ruth

Do you think it would be alright to use tinned pineapple rings chopped into chunks instead of fresh pineapple? It’s just that it’s all I have to hand at the moment, and I am dying to make these for my friends and family!

Thanks for the blog, my sweet tooth and I wander through it on a daily basis!

9. Sue says:

Do you fold in the raspberries while still frozen?

10. Mona says:

Just come back from my first-ever trip to Lakeland, the proud owner of my very own Multicoloured Whisk! Wait, that gives me an idea for a blog!….. ;-)
    After all you’ve said about Lakeland, it truly felt like a spiritual experience… That or like being a kid in a candy-making tool store!! Thanks for bringing Lakeland to my attention, it’s my new favourite store!
    I’m now going to attempt your delicious looking Pineapple and Raspberry cupcakes – wish me luck! x

11. margaret says:

These cakes are gorgeous, very unusual but the pineapple and raspberry are a great combination.Very different and very, very nice..

12. Geno says:

Hi Ruth,
    Just watched the finals of The Great British Baker in which you featured :-)
    These look delicious! I have frozen strawberries, will they do in place of the raspberries? Will try them out tonight. Tx