The Great British Bake Off needs YOU!

Do you love home baking and fancy putting your skills to the test? BBC Two is looking for amateur bakers across the country to take part in The Great British Bake Off series two.

If you’re interested and would like to find out more, email baking@loveproductions.co.uk or call 020 7067 4879.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS. To apply you must be over 16 on 1 April 2011. As an ‘amateur baker’ your main source of income cannot come from commercial baking in a professional environment and you cannot have ever worked full-time as a baker or chef. You cannot have acquired any formal NVQ or other professional catering qualifications in the past 10 years.

Well then, what are you waiting for…?  You’ll have a ball!

Finalist on BBC2 The Great British Bake Off 2010

This entry was posted in Ruth's Chat, The Great British Bake Off. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Great British Bake Off needs YOU!

1. Michelle says:

You have got to be kidding!! It looks like my worst nightmare – all that pressure, and everything filmed. NNNNOOOOOOO!!!
    You were so brave for going ahead and following your (crazy) dreams. I love this blog – always fun and helpful.

2. AlleyKitten says:

*Scared*

I wish I was old enough to enter:( Maybe another year!

I am already looking foward to watching the next series! You were amazing to enter and do so well, coping with all the pressure. Can not wait to see your book.
    Best wishes and awaiting eagerly for your next post
    Lexiexx

Hi Ruth, I have sent in an application for the Great British Bake Off on 17th February to Love productions but cant for the life of me find the closing date for this years competition. Do you know what it is as all of a sudden im wondering if I missed the closing date? Also I haven't had any kind of response from them to say that they received anything….
    I would also love to say that I love your blog and words of wisdom from a past contestant are as good as gold!!!! xx

I'm sure you've not missed the closing date – last year auditions ran until pretty much the start of filming which was early May. If you're in doubt email them at Love to check, they won't mind! Good luck and let us know how you go on! xx

I want to enter but i am olny 9:(

Let's hope they do a children's Great British Bake Off….that would be great! xx

9. Neil @ Love says:

Ruth! You may be a little psychic because CBBC and Love are making 'Junior Bake Off' and are looking for bakers aged 9-12 to apply now!

All details can be found at http://www.loveproductions.co.uk

10. Baker says:

Just to let you all know that the first episode of Junior Bake Off begins on Monday 31st October 2011 at 6:20pm on the CBBC channel.

11. Lily says:

Wish i could enter! Am 13 so cant do the junior one either (ages 9-12)! How old do you have to be to apply for the great british bake off?

12. Lola says:

im so annoyed that i cant go on both the british bake off shows!

13. Solana says:

Oh Lord! 2 more years and i can enter- Good luck to anyone who can bake and are brave enough to do this (I am scared out of my wits!)

14. GreatBritishBakeOff says:

I’m 12 and was wondering if anyone could help me find a applicant for Great British Bake Off junior..? I want to do it but I’m not sure how to apply… HELP :)