The Great British Wedding Cake BBC2

Just a quick post to let you all know that I will be appearing in the one off special
The Great British Wedding Cake – Wednesday 20th April 8pm BBC2
alongside Edd Kimber and Miranda Gore-Browne, just like old bake off times!
Hope you’ll tune in and set your sky plus boxes to record.

‘Renowned baking writer Mary Berry and professional baker Paul Hollywood explore the history of the Great British wedding cake. They look at its dramatic change through the eras, from the earliest Tudor creation and the extravagant Victorian period, to wartime Britain, the affluent eighties and the present day.Mary and Paul also set the ultimate challenge to the three finalists from 2010′s Bake Off, to make and bake two spectacular wedding cakes each, one traditional and one contemporary, in just 16 hours.’BBC

Finalist on BBC2 The Great British Bake Off 2010

This entry was posted in Cake, Ruth's Chat, The Great British Bake Off, Wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to The Great British Wedding Cake BBC2

1. Craftilicious says:

will set the box to record so we don't miss out – sounds like one hell of a challenge!

2. Abbie says:

Sounds great!! I'll be tuning in! xx

3. Kate says:

Wow- what a great programme, will be cancelling all plans for Wednesday night and watching (possibly in all my wedding finery to set the scene. Fascinator at the ready!)

katescakesandbakes

4. Pene says:

oh am setting the sky plus box right now, one not to miss I think xx

5. Amanda says:

Can't wait to see what you create.

6. Jill says:

Roll on Wednesday, can't wait to watch it :)

7. Lisa Shannon says:

I v'e been counting down since you first shared the news.Hope you had chance to soak your boozy fruit before hand because it really does make for a special cake.Can't wait to watch xx

8. Arline says:

Looking forward to this….have sky+ it! Do you know when the next British Bake Off is back on? Looking forward to watching it again!x

9. I Want to Bake Free says:

Hi Ruth,

As a huge fan of yours from the heady days of GBB last year it is so exciting to hear you are back on our screens next week!

My partner loves your triple layer lemon cake and it is certainly going to be incorporated in our Cardiff tea room which we are opening this year.

Drop by and visit us when we open I am writing all about the experience of opening the business this year. Very exciting!

Keep up the good work!

David

10. Naomi says:

Can't wait until Wednesday!!!

11. TheLateNightOwl says:

Yay! Can't wait! Will definately be recording that! :) Thanks for letting us know! I knew a while back though, because you did a retweet about it on Twitter. I look forward to seeing it! Lots of love, Supersizer1!

12. Philip says:

Here is a cake a friend and I made, unfortunately it is not edible:

13. thehouseofjones says:

oh no, I missed it. Looks like the sort of programme I would have loved! Do you know when the new series of GBBO starts? I can't wait!

14. Karrie says:

Saw this and it was great!

15. Meg says:

Have finished watching the GBB S1 and have to say Ruth was the winner for me….I loved everything she made. Now to find out when GBWC is being screened 8-)

16. Bety says:

Meg: You are absolutely right!
    Ruth: I’ve just write you on twitter, hope you like.