Christmas Cake, Time to Bake!

Here is your friendly Pink Whisk reminder service to say it’s time to bake that Boozy Fruit into a glorious Christmas Cake (that’s if you haven’t done already!)

All the cake making instructions are here including how to split your mixture into different sized tins.

Let’s get lining tins and firing up the oven!

Ruth

xx

This entry was posted in Cake, Christmas, Twelve Days of Christmas. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Christmas Cake, Time to Bake!

1. Anne Marigold says:

Oh dear Ruth I’ve been dipping in to mine with a teaspoon and also using it on home made cinnamon ice cream. Oops. Better start another batch.

2. Emma says:

My christmas cake is in the oven right now! I make a non-alcoholic version and first made it last year but I was a bit late and the fruit only soaked for about 3 weeks. This year I was on the ball and the fruit had a full 6 weeks of soaking, the smell was worth it alone!
    This morning’s cake making was incredibly theraputic and I can’t wait to get it out of the oven. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!

3. This looks great. Just need to get myself organised!

4. Keely says:

Hi Ruth

I’ve baked my cakes, one with each set of temperature and timings. One of my cakes doesn’t seem to like me feeding it brandy and it sort of sits on top and almost looks like it’s remixing the cake!! Any ideas what this could be? Not cooked properly?! Other cake is fine.

• Its just that the cake is more moist than the other so doesn’t want to take the brandy, it could be down to more liquid from the fruit mix (rather than the fruit having absorbed it all) or to a difference in egg sizes which over 5 eggs can make a difference. Leave it a week before trying to feed it again and it should have caught up with itself! Hope that helps, Ruth x

5. Carmen says:

Thank you for the best Christmas cake recipe ever! The only change I made was to soak the fruit in a bottle of brandy ( a bit excessive I know!) After 6 weeks the syrup let over I took out. Used it one ice cream … umm. I baked the cake as you recommended and it came out fabulous. I didn’t need to feed it anymore was boozy and moist. Suffice to say it didn’t last to Christmas but everyone loved it! Even my son the chef thought it was the best cake I ever made lol. Thank you will have to start another one and no longer just for Christmas at this rate. :)

6. Emma says:

After a lot of research I made up a non-alcoholic liquid to feed my cake with this year. It’s basically chai tea and sugar mixed and then cooled. I’ll let you know how it turns out!

7. Susan says:

Made my first ever Christmas Cake and although I’m reasonably happy with it, it cracked :( Is this fairly normal??

8. Emma Lowden says:

Hi there, first time christmas cake maker here! I was just about to give my cake a last feed today but it seems really moist on top. I’m hoping to marzipan Wednesday/Thursday and ice Friday , do you think I should feed it for one last time today? Thank you!

• Hi Emma, don’t worry the moisture from the top will soon be absorbed by the cake, bit late in answering my comments but did you give it a last feed or not? Either way I’m sure it will be just fine x

9. Stephanie says:

I didn’t start the boozy fruit soak until mid November and finally got round to baking the cake ten days before Christmas. It was delicious, my Mum says it is the best one I have ever made. Thank you everso for such a great recipe